These earrings are a part of jewelry series that pays tribute to NYC, where we have lived for a good part of the past decade.
They emulate the urban, yet strangely tribal, feel one gets when you enter the NYC subway system… killing the time on the platform by exploring the decayed paint peeling of off the iron pillars… yellowish paint on steel grey… that is the feeling I wanted to achieve with the 24K gold at the ends of the earrings. It was done in an old gilding technique called keum boo which uses pressure and heat to bond 24K gold to sterling silver.
As with all the earrings I create, these are light and comfortable to wear.
Lenght: ~2.75” (~6.7cm)
Made by hand out of sterling silver and 24K gold.
The items in the last few photos is other jewelry in the same style for your consideration.
• Delivery times:
USA: 4-7 business days (1st class with tracking)
Canada: 2-5 business days
Rest of the world: 10-15 business days
• PACKAGING: all items beautifully packaged and ready to give. If you’d like us to send it to your recipient, please let us know. We can also include a message on your behalf. Just let us know in “message to seller” box at the checkout.
Please look around for other fun and inspiring pieces!
OUR ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ SERVICE:
• EASY RETURNS – please see our policies.
• FAST COMMUNICATION – we are here to answer your questions
• OUR PLEDGE – all items are handmade by us using traditional silversmithing practices and highest quality materials.
• AWESOME REVIEWS validating the quality of our jewelry and craftsmanship
• SEE OUR PROCESS and NEW PIECES: www.instagram.com/projekt.m.jewelry or visit our BLOG